Storyboard

 Emily Thompson

AICE Media Studies

Period 1
Storyboard Blog Post
       I found that creating this story board was incredibly helpful in order to have a complete outline of what my magazine will include like before producing my rough draft to display to the class. I will be able to utilize this storyboard when it comes time to create my magazine InDesign. Overall being able to see my magazine in front of me written, but obviously missing some elements was incredibly helpful to see how it will look even in Indesign if I decide to use this exact layout or make changes after being displayed in InDesign.
      However, when constructing my story board I found it challenging to create enticing cover lines, that will peak potential reader's interest. I also found it hard to include illustrations on all my pages in order to entice the audience I am trying to attract. After creating this storyboard although I realized how much I’ve learned when it comes to thinking creatively. I made a few changes going from my concept refinement chart to my storyboard. I switched up my main concept to strictly about how to make it to pro golf and or tips and tricks to do so. I also switched my cover lines in order to correlate to my new concept.I also utilized my peers opinions and made sure to center my magazine around one person in order to attract a certain demographic. After the Preliminary Layout I was going to simply put the information I had from this chart and put in on paper, but after doing this i instantly regretted it. I began to change the selling line, content page styling, etc..

  In the article by James M. Higgins, Storyboard your way to success, June 1995, (Vol. 49, Issue 6); It stated that “if you seek a technique for generating solutions to complex problems, then storyboarding is by far your best option.” I learned first-hand that this statement is incredibly correct. I’m basically forced to create an almost rough draft of my magazine, so it resulted in me finding new innovative cover lines and forced me into a better concept, that will guarantee people being interested in my magazine. In the article by  Annemaree O'Brien, Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner's guide, Spring 2005, (Issue 38); It stated that “Allocate lots of time to the project, and then some more, as it always takes longer than you think.” I also found this out first-hand because it wasn’t a piece of cake creating my story board, it required tons of critical thinking and or contemplation in order to create an eye-catching magazine. 

 

 






Comments