Decision Day
I personally have always been superior at technology than the average person, although when came to Premier Pro I felt like a failure. There were too many different tools to use that I couldn’t seem to get the handle on. After listening in on the YouTube videos played, I still couldn’t seem to figure out the abundance of tasks that are needed to create a video on Premier Pro. InDesign although I was able to easily access the tools needed in order to create a magazine.
Premier Pro on the other hand has no identical similarities to any past program I have ever had to utilize before. After repeatably watching the YouTube videos suggested and class viewings of other videos to help utilize the tools; I was still unsuccessful when it came to editing my video on the timeline. I personally feel attempting to do the film for my portfolio project would be too time consuming, due to my lack of skill I have in Premier Pro. I am simply not familiar with any of the tools and no matter how hard I tried I did not understand how to add sound effects, which without would be a extreme disadvantage when creating my portfolio project. Overall Premier Pro would not be beneficial for me in order to create a quality portfolio project to deliver my "story."
In the article by Joey Franklin, Survival of the fittest: four editors on the future of literary magazines, November-December 2011 (Vol. 39, Issue 6); it stated that Joey Franklin’s essays has appeared or are forthcoming in a variety of literary magazines including the Florida Review, American Literary Review, Sport Literate, Waccamaw, and the anthology Twentysomething....” This statement reveals how successful people can be if they decide to become a writer and or editor. If I chose to do the magazine for my portfolio project, it could potentially lead to a passion for creating and publishing magazines.
In the article by Wayne R. Cherry, Our Place in the Universe: The importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom, November-December 2017, (Vol. 46, Issue 2). It stated, “As a school librarian, a father, and a lover of stories in all forms, I believe with all my heart that when anyone tells a story, that person changes a life.” The statement reveals how impactful sharing a story can be; No matter what story you decide to share it will almost always have an impact on another person’s life. The article by Cherry also stated how “Today we also use story to try to understand why things happen”, such as the show “13 Reasons why” which displayed the impact that bullying has on a person. I feel that shows or movies can’t affect someone as much due to watching instead of reading. When people read they are able to gain the knowledge of a story more affectively, due to imagining the events play out in your head, which furthers my reason on why the magazine is the better option for my portfolio project. Overall the magazine is the right fit for me after viewing the software tutorials, class viewings and after reading the assigned articles.


Comments
Post a Comment